Monday, September 26, 2011

FreeEed is close to run in Windows, also watch for Continuous Integration

I am adding Windows single-node processing, and it is going easier than I expected. Since Hadoop requires too much setup in Windows, instead I detect the Windows platform in the code, and take processing from beginning to end without Hadoop. There is a lot of useful stuffing in FreeEed, such as parsing all file formats with Tika and culling with Lucene, so even without Hadoop there is much usability left.



What gives me especial pleasure is watching how every new code iteration is automatically tested with Jenkins continuous integration server. Feels good to see that the code's build and correct operation is automatically tested. I will add more tests to the build, to better exercise all of the software's capabilities.

No comments: