Friday, June 24, 2011

Digital Forensics with Open Source Tools

By Ken Prior

"I was excited awhile back to learn Digital Forensics with Open Source Tools was being written and even more pleased when I heard who its authors were. I worked almost exclusively with open source tools while beginning my foray into the digital forensics world and happily continue using them today, so I knew this book would be of great interest to me. I had a general idea of what I thought the book would be like, but what I found in it was so much better than I expected. This book is an excellent introduction to open source forensic tools, but in many ways it's also a "how to do forensics" book. In the interest of full disclosure, I did receive a review copy of this book without cost to me, although I did buy a second copy to keep at my office as well."

Continue reading...

No comments: