A lot of important and useful information is posted to litsupport each week. The following is a distilled summary, in the form of questions and answers.
- Scan the media using File Investigator and export the captured metadata as a CSV file;
- Extract the metadata and place it in the load file that you will use to import the TIFF/PDF into your review tool,using programs such as Discovery Assistant, LAW or Discovery Cracker;
- Use something such as Metadataminer Catalogue to extract the metadata from the Word documents, then import into your review tool linked with the appropriate documents;
- If the files need to be copied from the CD to the computer, use Robocopy or SafeCopy to preserve metadata;
- Use a standalone tool like MetaDiscover from Pinpoint Labs;
This summary from the Litsupport Group postings created by the wonderful and talented members of the group has been culled by Mark Kerzner (email@example.com) and edited by Aline Bernstein (firstname.lastname@example.org).